Monday, November 5, 2007

Politically Correct Classism

A while back I mentioned the topic of perverse form of classism. It was about how as a society we're intolerant to all forms of sexism, racism and other isms...but for some strange reason hating on the poor gets a blind eye turned.

A perfect example of this happened this gloomy Monday afternoon, as I was cleaning along my Queen West route, I was tying up a full trash bag at Markham Street in front of the beer store. When I just happened to turn my head streetward in time to see a projectile come flying from a BMW with tinted windows.
Fortunately for me, their aim was as awful as their actions. For when I picked up what was thrown, it was a condiment packet of syrup, so I turned toward the car to see the driver furiously roll up his windows as I decided it better not to treat his shinny car pancake style and pitched the syrup into my garbage.
A few futile words of defiance hurled in both directions and I was left there shaking my head in the thoughts that these schmucks probably saw no problem in what they had done.

No comments: