Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Goodbye College Street

Today, what I inevitably had feared would, did happen.
You see, for the most part my daily litter cleaning route consists of Queen West from Dufferin to Yonge Street, Kensington Market, Yonge Street between Queen and Bloor, and College street between Dovercourt and Yonge.
I also frequented (unfortunately not much so lately) the Yonge and Eglinton Area and surrounding streets. Unfortunately though the past couple of months, with today being the proverbial exclamation point have shown me that the College Street part of my route has become a serious area of concern.

Today I spent roughly about 3 1/2 hours cleaning up both sides of College Street and did not receive a single donation for my efforts. Now this is not some new experience for me, it has happened before and will happen again. But the problem really lies in that in the fact that only one person even recognized my existence.
This has happened increasingly over the last two months. So unfortunately due to these two factors I figured it would be best if I use my time elsewhere. So if anyone knows of an area in need of a Litter Guy, let me know.

That's why it saddens me to have to give up on College Street, an area that believe it or not when I started this little adventure of mine, once roared with support. Now don't get me wrong here, I don't have some ballooning ego, I don't need to have my hand held or to be coddled, but I do think my fellow humans would agree it does only good to hear support for your efforts.

So now I'll take this time to thank those at Kensington Market Organic Ice cream and Tortilla Flats for their undiminished support as well as a thanks to all those that like what I do.

No comments: