Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Silver Lining Behind the Dark Cloud

Someone once told me that it was life's trials and tribulations that builds ones character.
I used to secretly scoff at this tired cliché, cause if it was true, I'd be filled to the brim and over flowing with character to the point where there wouldn't be any room for anything else.


But, low and behold there I was having it proven to me once again that those tired clichés find themselves over used with good reason. My Litter Guy adventures of late had an aura of disappointment, which left me wondering about their worth whileness.
Well today, much to my joy, I got an answer of sorts.

What happened was that I ran into a lady who I had seen a few times before, and she proceeded to tell me that shortly after the 1st or 2nd time she saw me, she was so inspired by my efforts that she decided whenever she could while walking her dog, she would get her young daughter and husband to come with her. And as a family they'd fill up two bags of garbage each time out, so as to show her daughter the importance of a cleaner tomorrow, while turning it into a family activity.
I was so blown away when I heard this, it was just the "pick me up" I needed to hear, as no matter what the future may bring, I know that my efforts, brought forth a positive change (albeit a minor one) for this woman and her family.

I guess it's time to stop scoffing at another tired cliché, as it is apparently true that one person can make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep it up. Torontonians have a habit of not having pride or the courage to have pride for their city. Of course there are many exeptions. I feel like you are really awesome, you are making the city better by action and example.
You should be really proud of yourself.